Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A boy and his toys

Caleb is all boy.
I'm learning more and more each day about what that really means.
He loves tools and watching daddy (or anyone) working with them.
The interactive plastic toolbox he received from Aunt Alison and Uncle Jeremy for his birthday continues to be a hit.
But that little plastic hammer couldn't compete with the real deal this morning.

"What?  A hammer?  I don't have anything. Please don't take it from me."

I tried to involve the kids in a little project I had to reconstruct this old furniture find.
It was falling apart and needed some wood glue and a few nails.
I guess it needed some additional distressing too.  

Thankfully it is an old worn piece with a weathered look we really like because Caleb did succeed at adding some "character" with the hammer.
He really smacked it good a few times.


I did coax the hammer away from him long enough to drive a few nails (one of which Hannah did almost on her own).
But when it came time to put the tools away, the neighbors may have heard him...his screaming fit was that loud!


No comments: