Our kids are good for me. In so. many. ways. They are just themselves.
They don't know how to be anything else.
They remind me it's necessary to play...
...that poor quality images are still worth so much...
...that simplicity is valuable...
...that getting dirty is worth it...
...that relationships are worth the work...
...and that we all go through the awkward smile phase. :)
In moments that I find myself getting impatient or frustrated about the nature of caring for my kids, I often sense a small, still voice asking me to consider being more like them...childlike.
Being childlike sure isn't glamorous, but it is beautiful. May they continue to teach me.

3 comments:
Just beautiful, Carmen. Gorgeous. What a wonderful prayer.
love it Carmen. I sure don't feel too glamorous, so I appreciate friends who don't feel the need to be, either. :)
This reminds me of a time I was frustrated with Mary. I don't remember what it was about, but I asked her a question and she responded: "I don't know how to ____, I'm just a little kid!" That was just what I needed to hear and I often say it to myself now. Not only is she just a little kid, but what a wonderful thing to be!
Post a Comment