Thursday, March 03, 2011

Magazine Roll Project #1

Remember these pretty rolls of paper?

Well, some of them are now arranged in this funky, sunburst wreath.  

I don't know about you, but it makes me happy.  And it was simply constructed from magazine pages, a piece of wire, and some string.
 I found the original idea here.

And check out my newly claimed art space!  It's our closet.  In the process of our home remodel, we reassigned our closet space, and it is HUGE!  We always knew it would be way more space than we'd need for clothes and such, but we intended to use the extra space as our informal home office.  It could also be used as a great nursery if needed.  But I recently claimed it as my studio.  And I love it!  There are so many things about this space and its location in our home that make it cozy, inviting, and inspiring for me.
You might also notice the magazine sunburst wreath on the wall.  That was my initial mock-up, so that one gets to stay there while the other one will soon be displayed in the living room for all to see.

Stay tuned for Magazine Roll Project #2.  It's a doozy!  :)

2 comments:

Erika said...

What a great space Carmen! It makes me want to go create something there.

Mrs. Timmons said...

I'm excited to see your second magazine roll project!