Friday, November 27, 2009

Cheese Please!

Last year at this time, T and I decided on one Christmas tradition we wanted to initiate. We committed to collect an ornament per year for each of our children...not just any ornament...but one to tell a story about something memorable from their life over the previous year. So, last year, we purchased Hannah a cute "The Hungry Caterpillar" ornament from Hallmark. We thought it was significant because it was the first book we read to her as a newborn and because she loved it in those first months. This year we set out to find an ornament having to do with cheese. Hannah has developed a true love for all things cheese over the past year. It was one of her first five words, she asks for it multiple times a day, devours it whenever we do provide her some, and even identifies the color yellow as "cheese". We find it pretty cute and humorous (most of the time). But in our recent hunt for the perfect ornament, we didn't find anything fitting. Therefore, I decided to put my creative energy to work and crafted my own one-of-a-kind "Cheese Please" ornament. T and I really like how it turned out and may even continue to make our own in years to come. Now to get the tree up so we can put it in place...

5 comments:

Marie said...

Carmen that is SO GOOD! You are so talented! How did you make it?

tiff said...

Very creative!

Gail said...

How adorable--what a great idea!

Unknown said...

I'm impressed! That is so perfect - great job!

Mandy said...

Your creativity inspires me. . . well done friend! I'm with Hannah, I hope she never out grows her love for Cheese! :) Hope you have a blessed Christmas season.