Tuesday, December 01, 2009

A little boy will soon live here

Here is a little sneak preview of baby boy's room. I've been having fun brainstorming and working on it. It's becoming more and more fun dreaming about what it will be like to have a little boy in our home.

I feel like he will be here so soon! The holiday festivities are going to come and go and then we'll suddenly find ourselves in January...the month before our due date month! I'm about 29 weeks along and have all of my third trimester lab work on Thursday. That is making me a bit anxious. I don't anticipate anything showing up, but the thought of being pressured to induce early or having limitations put on how I can proceed through labor all because of some lab work number terrifies me. I'm praying that all is smooth sailing and that my blood pressure continues to stay down (it started to rise significantly about this time with Hannah).

Speaking of Hannah, here is a recent photo (those of you on Facebook may have already seen it) of her that keeps T and I smiling each time we look at it. She is becoming more and more dramatic and entertaining all the time. And her language skills are exploding! She comprehends nearly everything, is repeating so many words she hears us say, and has even started to put together some two-word phrases. Today she kept saying, "Play more," when it came time for a nap. I was so impressed that it was a bit hard to resist.

She LOVED having daddy home for a handful of days over the Thanksgiving holiday! "Daddy" or "my daddy" were consistently the first words out of her mouth upon waking in the morning or from her afternoon nap. She hated to let him out of her sight and has really been missing him now that he has returned to the work grind. However, she is looking forward to a daddy-daughter weekend as I'm headed to a women's event with friends on Friday. I think it will be great for all of us!

No comments: