...a trip to the Topeka zoo where she loved seeing the monkeys ("mi-mis"), elephants, and giraffes.
...an outing to our local Veterans' Day parade. We met up with some friends and really enjoyed the marching bands and horses.
...a play date with some neighbor girls at the Sonic playground (too bad I don't feel right playing there without buying some food...we'd be there a lot!)
...reading lots and lots of books...
...art projects! Does an 18 month old fully understand concepts about mixing colors? Probably not. But does this art teacher mom need some challenge and entertainment in art activities? Yes! So, today, we took inspiration from the fact that Hannah is really into identifying colors and that she loves the book, "Mouse Paint". I cut out white mice and she colored them a bit with red, yellow, and blue markers. Then we put primary colored paint in ziploc bags and as we read the book, we made the mice "mix, and dance, and stir" with their feet until...orange, green, and purple! We both thought it was pretty fun.

3 comments:
My children LOVE mouse paint. It's one of those books we could read over and over again and never get tired of. And it's always the book I use to introduce colors. Fun idea!
I've never even heard of that book! I guess I missed out on it somehow with my kids. What a fun idea for an art project/story time, though! Love your creativity!
What a great mom you are!!! Looks like a fun idea!
Post a Comment