Monday, July 27, 2009

Fullness

Our lives have been full lately; full of family, travels, good food, and dear friends. Last weekend we took a rather spontaneous trip to Branson to spend time with T's grandparents. Hannah was a gem, and we had a lot of fun. T and I even got to go on one of my dream dates...late night putt-putt golfing at one of those cheesy themed places. Can you believe we'd never done that before? It was a good time.
Last Friday, we got to officially welcome T's brother and sister-in-law back to Kansas. They've been living in Seattle and just relocated to Lawrence. Though my ability to help was a bit limited by chasing a now walking little Hannah all over the place, we were able to help unload the moving truck, get some color on the walls, and get the kitchen mostly unpacked. More than anything, it was great to see them and to know that our families will now get to spend time together more often.

On Saturday, T's 10 year high school reunion activities filled the day. We headed to the Newton/Wichita area to reconnect with many of his old friends. As senior class president, T organized the event, and I'd say it was a success. It included a tour of their old school and picnic lunch with families around midday, and then a couples only dinner that evening at the local German eatery. I think about half of the classmates came at one point or another during the day.
And today, Hannah and I traveled across town to take in a bit of the county 4-H fair. As a 4-H alumnus myself, I always enjoy seeing the kids' exhibits and observing the livestock. Most of the excitement and buzz was gone today as the majority of fair activities took place over the weekend, but we had fun checking everything out for ourselves.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I missed the fair -dang it!!

Regan said...

How fun that Hannah is walking now!