I have lacked much creative enthusiasm since I quit my job and Hannah was born. There have been moments of interest, but no sustainable momentum. Lately, however, the right side of my brain has been tickled again. These are some things I am eager to work on...
...I still want to do the painting and make the mobile I mentioned in a previous post from the summer...as of this week, they are both in the beginning stages.
...Ceramics...I am going to start going to the local Arts Center where they have an open ceramics studio on Wednesday nights. I'm SUPER pumped about this!
...Digital scrapbooking! In my opinion, this is the way to go when it comes to photo albums. There are many free downloadable resources online, and my wonderfully creative sister recently introduced me to www.shabbyprincess.com where they have themed scrapbooking sets that are so cute. I used the "Harvest Spice" set to create my latest blog heading and background. I hope to put together some scrapbook pages from our pictures of the past couple years, and then have them printed in a bound book at www.snapfish.com or somewhere.
...I have small decor change ideas for our home. I'm excited to freshen things up over the course of the next few months.
The biggest obstacle to moving these ideas out of my head and into action is my own fickleness. I often send myself on enthusiasm roller coasters, and the rides seem to peak during the idea/brainstorming phase. While I enjoy the implementation of my ideas, I inevitably always hit a point where I am tempted to quit whatever I'm working on (usually because some other idea has peaked my interest). There is great satisfaction and returned enthusiasm when I employ discipline to follow an idea all the way through to completion. May that be the case with these!
Cheryl's Birthday
2 years ago

4 comments:
We are always super impressed with the blog graphics! We love it. I feel your need for a creative outlet. My creativity is showing itself in some strange ways for me with the all the new recipes and whatnot. Have fun!! Great pics of the Classen Family!!
I love your layout and the pictures in the heading. Hannah just melts my heart in that picture! I'm glad you're enjoying shabby princess. I haven't done anything with that since my first creative drive, but I have had the desire. Maybe this weekend...
I love your new blog look!
I love your new banner! Any time you need another project let me know. I would love to have a carmen creation hanging up on my walls! Love you friend!
Post a Comment