She is mastering the art of sitting up. It just happened all of a sudden. She still has her occasional backwards tumble, but she is pretty steady most of the time. She loves that this new skill allows her to tip her box of toys and pull out anything she can get her little hands on. Endless fun (well, until everything is emptied out)!
Other big news is that we just started introducing solid foods. For weeks now, she has intently studied us eating our food. So curious! She learned the ropes pretty quickly, but still enjoys getting a lightning-fast hand on the spoon to "help". :) Rice is all she has had so far. I hope to start introducing some delicious vegetables this week...maybe avocados first...mmmm!
She has also been much more well-rested lately, and we are loving her easy-going, playful, and excitable personality. New sounds like da-da, na-na, ma-ma, la-la, ba-ba have recently filled her babble. It's interesting to note that she uses different consonant sounds based on her mood or situation...one when she is upset, one when she is excited, and a mix of them all when she is playing by herself.
We made a quick trip to my parents' home this weekend. Hannah was warm and receptive towards everyone. Here she is playing with aunt Valerie, aunt Alison, and uncle Jeremy. Can you tell that she is learning how to respond to the appearance of a camera? :)
She will be six months old next weekend! I can't believe how quickly she is growing. Each day, I'm amazed by what a beautiful, big girl she is already becoming! We are so thankful for her.

4 comments:
Target has the cheapest Earth's Best cereal. They have brown rice cereal! Wal-Mart also has brown rice cereal for a pretty good price too. Just so you know!
How fun that she tries to help with the spoon. I have to keep an eye on Aric, he likes to stick a thumb in his mouth while eating!
I can hardly believe she's six months old already, and I can hardly believe she's still only six months old! Yay, avocado!
Hannah is such a beauty--her personality seems to pop out on camera! I love to see her pics! Gail
Post a Comment