Saturday, September 06, 2008

Bits and Pieces

  • We enjoyed our trip to Kansas City. It was great to see Jeremy and Alison, and they were amazing hosts (thanks, guys!).
  • It is cool and so Fall-like here! I don't know if it is here to stay, but it feels like it's time to break out the pants and long sleeves. Leaves will start to change before we know it!
  • Part of our time in K.C. included a trip to "Portrait Innovations" for Hannah pictures. I've heard such great things about this company, and can see how people could like it, but I don't think we'll make many trips back. I made an appointment for 10:15 and it was 11:00 before they were ready for us...by that time, Hannah was tired and fussy. But more than that, I am easily turned off by pushy sales people who work on commission. They definitely train their employees to communicate in a certain elusive way, so that you are led to spend hundreds of dollars...seriously. All I really wanted was the $10 package of just one pose! I sensed what our sales lady was trying to do right away, so I cut her off...I put my foot down and got out of there with plenty of decent pictures for $25. She wasn't too friendly with me as we checked out. :)
  • Hannah has not been herself lately. We are kinda stumped as to what is going on, but we are hanging in there, enjoying the extra snuggles, and reminding ourselves that it won't last forever.
  • T is especially good-looking today. Grrrr! :)
  • Football season is officially underway, and I'm pumped! I'm so excited for lazy, cool Sunday afternoons with NFL and a cozy fire!

2 comments:

Erika said...

You CRACK me UP with your lookin good comment!!!! Love it.

Anonymous said...

I'm commenting for the same reason...too funny about T and his good looks. :)

P.S. We are also super excited for lazy Sunday afternoons and football. our favorite time of year!