Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Changes

Our kids are each experiencing (or about to experience) some significant changes in their everyday life. I'm honestly having a difficult time not feeling slightly overwhelmed by it all.  Significant changes for them mean changes for me as well.

A couple months ago, Hannah initiated wanting to switch from pull-ups to underwear over night.  So we gave it a go.  I'll spare you all the details, but basically she was determined to learn to stay dry, and we tried various approaches in attempt to help her.  She continued to wake up wet most nights.  A week ago, we bit the bullet, and bought a bed-wetting alarm.  I was a bit skeptical about how it would work.  But would you believe that I haven't had to wash wet sheets since night number one!?!  Amazing!  And the past three nights, she has woke up to pee without the alarm sounding at all.  Bed-wetting victory!

And while we are on the topic of urination, I think our little Caleb is ready to potty-train, so I'm thinking about how I'm going to approach that.  But more interesting than that is the fact that we recently learned he needs glasses.  I keep saying that T gets the "great dad award" for being the one who first had a hunch and proceeded to take him to the optometrist.  Caleb's prescription is pretty significant so we are pretty sure he will be thrilled to wear them.  And don't even get me started about how adorably cute he is going to look in his little "Harry Potter" spectacles!

And then there is Noah who is less than a week away from the six month mark.  In our home, that mark means the start of solid foods!  He is very attentive to everything big sister and brother do, so I think he will be an eager eater.  Nom nom nom.  Bring on the baby food prep!

Oh, and how could I forget that we are in the midst of transitioning basement tenants as well.  New gals are moving things in as I type.  We are sad to have the other ladies gone, but we are looking forward to a new (school) year with new housemates.

2 comments:

Erika said...

So many changes I didn't know about! I can't wait to see cute little Caleb in glasses. Adorable! And way to go Hannah on initiating the change herself. What great kiddos you have, Carmen.

Angela said...

Yay Hannah! Good for her. I'm so glad it worked and so quickly! Sweet Caleb. I can't imagine how T caught his need for glasses. He should get an award! I bet Caleb will be adorable in them.