Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow!

I'm certain there will be numerous posts very similar to this one across the blogosphere this week.
Who doesn't love the first real snow of winter?
It's been quite a winter wonderland around here today.
The huge fluffy snowflakes have made me feel like I'm living in a snow globe at times.

Following naps, we made our first ever attempt at snow ice cream.
We gathered our supplies...a chilled bowl, some milk with a bit of sugar and vanilla mixed in, some spoons for mixing, and of course, some sprinkles.

I ran outside and scooped up some snow.  
Notice Caleb rushing over to be part of the action.

We poured in the milk and stirred.  
Bottom right, Caleb is begging to be involved.
And yes, we all wore pajamas much of the day.

Hannah vigorously applied the sprinkles.

Voila!

And then we enjoyed the treat. 
Hannah was sure to get some sprinkles in each bite.
Quite tasty.

Mmm...snow day.

2 comments:

Terri H said...

I thought you had to have sweetened condensed milk to do this or we might have tried it today! Maybe tomorrow. :) Thanks for the inspiration.

B In Real LIfe said...

i think I might treat myself to a little snow ice cream today :)

Hannah is so sweet in these pictures. I see so many similarities to her and Quincy...you don't have family in Illinois do you? That would be awesome :)