Sunday, December 19, 2010

This Year's Ornaments

You may remember the ornament I made for Hannah last Christmas.   Here it is on the tree this year.

We've officially decided to make the homemade ornaments a tradition.  T and I sat down this evening to put our creative skills to work and this is what we came up with...

Hannah's ornament captures multiple things from her year.  It's inspired by her love for Curious George, her broken leg, and the black leotard and red tutu she has worn nearly non-stop for the past couple months.

Caleb's ornament is simple.  The one thing that stuck out to us about his first year is his thumb-sucking...and it's especially cute when it's of the "sleeping-butt-in-the-air" variety.  :)

8 comments:

Erica said...

Carmen what a fun idea. I love both of these. You're so creative.

Rachel said...

You are so creative! And what sweet memories to tell your kids about someday.

B In Real LIfe said...

Those are incredible!! They will treasure these for MANY years to come :)

B In Real LIfe said...

Those are incredible!! They will treasure these for MANY years to come :)

Alison said...

I love, love LOVE this!

Gail said...

These are amazing!

Alisha said...

Wow! Did you make those from scratch? I'm amazed!

Erika said...

Hannah's ornament captures this year so well! I just laughed when I saw those three things put together. You did a great job thinking that one through. Very cool tradition, Carmen.