Monday, August 30, 2010

swarming

My brain has felt like a beehive lately...swarming with ideas.  I am an idea and improvise girl.  Ideas get me so jazzed and energized.  There isn't much I thrive on more than a good creative brainstorm session, that is, as long as I don't have to be held responsible to plan, implement, and see to completion all of my wonderful ideas.  :)  You see, once I have an idea, I tend to want to just go for it...improvise...start in and learn as I go.  If the process doesn't go quite as envisioned, I may scrap the whole idea or simply start over with a new and improved approach.

So, anyway, the buzz, buzz, buzzing of ideas in my head have been so energizing of late.  So much so, that I've had a number of sleepless nights thinking about creative ideas.  It's been a bit ridiculous.  However, I remain excited...dreaming about creating a backsplash (and why not make tables and lamps and wall art) out of polyresin, thinking about all the marvelous pieces I hope to create in my upcoming pottery studio (more on that soon), brainstorming family-fun activities for our upcoming vacation, obsessing over how cool this new-to-me Bento lunch idea is, and on and on.

Well, the polyresin project is on the horizon.  I may even experiment with the toxic stuff this afternoon.  I'll keep you posted.

And for laughs, I'll paint a picture for you (in words) of my mini-adventure with the kids this morning.  It does somehow relate to creativity because it occurred in our local craft store.  You, see, my sweet brother lives a ways away and had recently requested a framed photo or two of our family.  So, after realizing that frames are 50% off this week, I packed up the kids and headed out.  I made sure Hannah went potty before leaving the house so we wouldn't have to make the dreaded family stop at the public restrooms.  Since Hannah still isn't walking on her ankle, I strapped Caleb to my chest in the Bjorn and lugged Hannah into the store on my hip until I plopped her in a cart.  We took off to the frame section and upon arrival, Hannah dramatically exclaimed, "Mommy, Hannah need go pooooooopy!"  Great!  I entertained the idea of asking her to wait, but decided that a poopy accident in the middle of store might be worse than actually taking her to the bathroom.  We made a u-turn back to the front of the store, with Hannah repeatedly making her need known to everyone around us, "Mommy, Hannah need go pooooopy!"  I parked the cart, heaved her out, and calmly walked into the bathroom to find the handicap stall occupied.  I chose a standard size stall (read SMALL) and let me tell ya, we were quite the circus act in there.  Hannah refused to bear any weight on either leg, so I had to get her pants pulled down while hold her in mid air, with Caleb strapped to my chest all the while.  I could go on about how ridiculous it was, but you can just imagine.  By the time I got her pants down and set her on the toilet, Caleb was crying from getting smashed between sister and I, and the stalls around us had filled with other talking parents and kids.  Apparently, Hannah got stage fright because she quickly stated, "Hannah all done, no need poopy," after realizing other people were next to her.   Ugggh!  So we went through the circus act again, getting her pants pulled up, hands washed, and back out the door to the cart.  I was a bit flustered, but decided to just chuckle...and pray that God would hurry up and heal her leg.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I'm confused about the Bentos thing. What does it mean? You know I love creative cooking ideas.

Angela said...

Carmen, one word: awesome.