We are living life here. And lately life had dealt us some scrapes and bruises.
I sliced my thumb yesterday morning while carelessly cutting watermelon. Yow! Nausea instantly overwhelmed me, so I covered it with the washcloth, grabbed the box of bandaids and scooted downstairs to have Erika throw a bandage on it. I was lightheaded off and on all day as the incident came to mind. After a little assessment from a nurse friend, I decided to go get it closed up this morning. It was still really painful and bleeding after 24 hours. The doc said I waited too long to be a good candidate for stitches, so she glued it shut instead. It instantly felt so much better, and shoot, I'll take superglue over stitches any day!
While I was at the urgent care clinic this morning, Hannah was playing at a friend's house. Not long after I left, she tripped down a stair and twisted her ankle pretty severely. She sobbed uncontrollably for nearly 45 minutes before simply falling asleep in my friend's lap for a bit. She has been a bit mopy and upset today, refusing to put any weight on her leg. Thank the Lord for Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Her spirits finally seemed to lift later this afternoon, but she was consistent in reminding me that she couldn't walk. She was pretty content to hang out in the recliner with toys, books, and munchies (watermelon in this photo).
I have felt so soft towards her. And at least for today, I enjoyed carrying her around the house and snuggling her when she was tearful. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Cheryl's Birthday
2 years ago

5 comments:
I am so sorry you guys! What a hard day!
Sounds like you guys had a rough day. I hope Hannah's doing better today.
Rough Day! I hope today is better!
never a dull moment!
I cut the end of my thumb off several months ago...I still get light headed when I think about it. :(
Hope everyone is on the mend!
never a dull moment!
I cut the end of my thumb off several months ago...I still get light headed when I think about it. :(
Hope everyone is on the mend!
Post a Comment