Monday, June 28, 2010

Ramblings from my couch

Well, I find myself trying to enjoy our couch this evening as I got hit hard with a headache and 102 degree fever a couple hours ago.  I don't feel awful, but am braced for what may come.  I'm a bit bored, so why not blog and update you on some recent randomness from our home?

Our one remaining housemate from the year is getting married this weekend!  I am so giddy for her.  Her week is packed full of last minute preparations.  I was sure to tell her as she headed out the door this eve with her soon-to-be-hubby to stay far away from me.  How awful would I feel if she got some sickie crud from me right before her wedding!?!  Please, no.

After some more time with my little sister this week (pictured in the post below), my parents, her teammates, and her are off to Reno for club volleyball nationals.  It's a big deal in the world of club volleyball.  I'm pretty proud of her...and I don't think I've mentioned here before that she recently accepted a verbal offer to play college VB at a school that will transition to D-1 in a couple years.  While I do wish she was coming to purple town, I'm still pretty pumped for her!

In other family news, we traveled to spend an evening with T's brother and family this week.  While the evening hours with wee ones are slightly chaotic, it was fun to have disjointed conversation and great food with them.  Then we experienced their new fancy basement theater room after the kids were zonked out.  It's a treat to have them within visiting distance.  Here are the cousins in action...

And of, course, we are daily having a lot of fun with our kids.  They are definitely growing before our eyes.  Hannah's vocabulary and sentence structure is astounding me each day, and Caleb is already four months old and so playful!  He squeals, giggles, rolls both directions on occasion, and grabs for objects near him.  We see them starting to show obvious affection for one another as well.  It's definitely an entertaining time.
He is such a tender, snuggly little guy!  These next two were taken with my mom's digital SLR camera...oh how I've come to want one.  :)

Oh, and have I mentioned who is moving into our basement?  More on that soon!  :)

Now back to resting...

2 comments:

Leah said...

Did you cut your hair again recently? It is SO cute! And those babies are growing so much! Beautiful!

Angela said...

Hannah's hair is getting so long, and she smiles so pretty. I hope weren't too sick today.