Monday, June 21, 2010

Change of Pace

That's what T and I each had this past weekend. 

I left the kids at home with my wonderful hubby Friday evening and all day Saturday as I spent that time in KC with my mom and sisters.  Us girls had a blast.  We spent most of our time driving around the city, taking photos of my youngest sister for her senior pics.  It was great to be creative together, and golly, we got some sweet shots of her...I'll post some in the near future.  We also did our share of talking, laughing, eating, and shopping.  Highlights of the time (besides the food) had to be (1)the fastest-ever wardrobe change in an elevator on the plaza and (2)watching a huge thunderstorm develop crazy fast, blowing outdoor arts and crafts all over the street as vendors hung on to their tents for dear life. 

And while a day on the weekend, alone with the kiddos sounds like more of the same ol'-same-ol' for me, T really enjoyed himself.  For him, it was a welcome break from the hustle of work, and provided quality time with Hannah and Caleb (yes, I left Caleb, and yes, I despise pumping, but it was so worth it).  T was super dad.  The three of them went out for a sit-down breakfast Saturday morning, later played at the park, and even fit in a trip to the pool...all that without sacrificing naps!  Amazing!  He claimed it was a perfect Fathers' Day weekend.  Maybe I should leave more often.  :)

2 comments:

tiff said...

Sounds really fun! I love good girl time.

Erika said...

That sounds like a blast! My curiosity is peaked about the elevator wardrobe change??