Sunday, April 18, 2010

It's here...

...the start of garden harvest goodness!  We enjoyed some fresh asparagus for dinner tonight (courtesy of my parents) and it signaled for me the start of seasonal freshness that I've been longing for.

In years past, I have filled posts like this with details of my lofty gardening plans.  Not this time.  I've decided that I need to set myself up for success rather than failure in this department.  Therefore, with two little ones under foot, I'm choosing to rely on other gardeners to grow produce for our table this year.  Our local farmers' market gears up this next weekend (take note all you local produce lovers), and you'll definitely see me there.

1 comment:

manhattandoula said...

Carmen, I am right there with you this year. There is something freeing about humbly admitting that I am not going to try to do it all this year. It's the farmer's market for me, too! Happiness. :)