Saturday, February 20, 2010

Waiting and Savoring

Tomorrow is D-day...baby boy's due date...for whatever the semi-arbitrary date is worth.  I guess it's worth a lot because it sure stirs lots of questions from people and lots of emotions in me.  While I've had much evidence of things "warming up" over the past week, I'm having no real labor action yet.

However, in the midst of feeling a bit impatient, I'm trying to be thankful and savor even the smallest things...
  • Entire days with Hannah by herself 
  • Leisurely showers
  • Flexibility that a single toddler provides to jump in the car and run around town, engage in activities, and visit friends
  • Freedom to lounge around in the evenings, watching Olympics
  • A Saturday morning breakfast date with our family of three
  • Decent nights of sleep combined with an opportunity to nap in the afternoon
  • Relatively stable hormones...seriously something to savor  :)
  • Energy and mental capacity to cook food, do laundry, and clean house...I'm prepared to let much of this slide for a while here soon
  • A home with very little crying (which can be emotionally exhausting for me)
  • Those sweet, slithery movements in my belly that I'm only half aware of most of the time
So, while I'd appreciate any prayers for baby to arrive soon, you can also pray for my heart in the midst of this season of waiting.  May I continue to choose to savor.

Oh, and you can also pray for some warmer, sunny weather...that would sure help while I wait.  :)

3 comments:

TheHappyNeills said...

praying!

wow...any day now! so exciting!

if you get a chance this weekend, i know you'd love the giveaway on my blog, being the creative mind that you are! seriously--best. toy. ever.

thoughts and prayers,
kendra

Jenni said...

I will be praying for you 3! BTW...LOVE the new blog header. Did you sketch that, so, so great. Can't wait to see little baby boy in that sketch soon. Sorry getting together hasn't worked out, if you still haven't had baby next week and we aren't snowed in I would love to come over and visit.

Leah said...

Anxiously awaiting and praying over your little man and little lady!