Sunday, December 06, 2009

Weekend away

This past weekend, I traveled with 17 friends to OKC to join 10,000 other women for a "Deeper Still" woman's conference.

I was one of the drivers for the trip. My "go-with-the-flow" personality led us on some minor travel adventures on both legs of the trip, including a scenic tour through Emporia. But thankfully we enjoyed ourselves and made it home safely.

It was great to go deeper in relationships with one another. Two dear friends accepted Christ during our time, and we all cried many tears in various conversations. Emotions were near the surface since we were exhausted by Saturday and in the midst of a conference center exploding with estrogen! :)

Our exhaustion was due to the fact that we made a midnight run to Ihop for pancakes and other breakfast eats Friday night. And it didn't help that we had an incessant snorer in our hotel room once we finally did tried to sleep.

We also had lots of laughs together, but the cheeks were especially hurting during the Q&A time at the end of the conference. It was beyond hilarious to hear Kay Arthur, Beth Moore, and Priscilla Shirer interact with questions about marriage and the big "S" word.

And while I was away, Hannah was loving time with daddy. Here is a little snippet of their time together with some friends...

4 comments:

Alisha said...

SOunds like a fun conference! I did that study last year and it was really good. Looks like Hannah had a fun time at home with dad!

Erika said...

What cuties! It's so fun to see them running around together.

Creationship said...

ahhhh...I miss ALL THESE LADIES!!!!

Kira said...

I am so jealous! It was so difficult for me to know that I couldn't go to this conference right here in my own backyard because of my due date/new baby! I bet it was absolutely amazing!!