This little one experienced her first trip to the emergency room on Friday evening. She and I had been playing at the park, having so much fun when we had a little accident. While going down the spiral slide together, her foot got sandwiched between my thigh and the slide and her leg got all twisted and kinked...it happened so fast! At the bottom of the slide she was screaming and grabbing her leg. And I felt awful! I tried to remain calm, and after removing her shoe, taking a quick trip home (we were just down the street), and witnessing her whimpering and refusing to bear any weight on her limp foot, we headed to the emergency room for an x-ray. It all happened near the very end of the work day, so unfortunately we weren't able to get to the doctor's office before they closed, but thankfully we were able to swing by T's office to grab daddy on the way to the ER! But the long story short is that after some Tylenol and Ibuprofen, an x-ray, and a couple hours at the hospital, we were assured that she suffered a strain but no broken bones. Thank you, Lord! Hannah has been a real trooper these past couple days, but she still refuses to walk on the injured leg. She resorts to crawling and begging to be carried, though we've seen her bear a bit of weight on it today. Hopefully it heals quickly, so she can get back to her normal self.
Cheryl's Birthday
2 years ago

10 comments:
Oh, I'm sorry Carmen! Those accidents just happen so fast - she is a trooper! And so adorable :)
I'm sorry too! I felt like that when Addison fell down the stairs for the first time. Awful.... Hope she gets better soon!
How stressful for all of you! I'm glad she's okay.
It's no fun when they get hurt. I'm glad nothing worse than a strain happened, and I hope she heals quickly!
So weird that you post something about this, because I read a similar an article about that very thing towards the beginning of summer. They were talking about the number one reasons why they see young kids in the emergency room, and that was exactly the scenario! It made me so conscious of tucking Evelynn's extremities in every time we took a trip down the slide together. I just thought you might like to know that you are one of MANY people who were in the ER for that same reason this summer. We'll pray for Hannah's quick recovery!!
Sorry Carmen! Trips to the ER are just as scary for Mommy and Daddy as they are for the little ones, I think! I'm so thankful she is okay.
Oh, my--no fun! So glad it wasn't broken. Hannah looks adorable in this picture, by the way! Love the hat!
It's always terrifying when your child is screaming in pain. Thank God she is okay.
And......It's been about 5 months since I've been able to check blogs and update my own, so I had no clue you were prego! Very excited, and that it's a boy!
Hope you are feeling well. Keep us updated.
OH! Bless her little heart. She and I would make quite a pair! ;) I'm sure you were terrified, but I'm so glad she didn't have a break.
I LOVE this picture! She is just a little gem. Hope she is recovering quickly. Give her lots of hugs for me!
Post a Comment