Saturday, October 03, 2009

Babies, babies everywhere!

Babies are on my mind. It seems lots of people around my life are having them, expecting them, or longing for them. Our little peanut is officially half-way through incubation as I'm 20 weeks pregnant today. We had our sonogram yesterday, and had my instincts affirmed when we learned that we are expecting a BOY! While I am a little intimidated by all of the uncertainty I feel about raising a boy, we are super excited! We are especially thrilled that several people around us are also having boys in the coming months (including a little Classen cousin). Here are a couple photos of the little guy...
And then, today my friend, Jenni and I had the joy of co-hosting a baby shower for our friend, Brooke. She and her husband have had quite the journey in trying to have children, but they recently adopted a sweet little girl and are expecting another girl in December. It was so fun to meet little Q and to see B and J as parents. I felt very grateful for God's goodness to all of us. Below is the series of photos I attempted to quickly take of our three sweet peas. It's difficult to get a good shot of that many squirmy ones! Hannah was pretty enamored by the real babies. She hasn't really been around infants much lately, and while she didn't interact with them all that much, by the end of the morning she just kept repeating "BAY-bee", BAY-bee". It was sweet.



7 comments:

Erika said...

Oh MY GOODNESS!!! A boy?? I truthfully am shocked! I am so excited for you!!

Marie said...

Me too! I am shocked also! Could it be that Erika and I both have two girls?

TheHappyNeills said...

you'll LOVE having a boy!!! we loved it so much, we SOOOO wanted it to be a boy when we were preg with #2! then we found out it was a girl, and of course, that's perfect, too! there's nothing like having a boy! (just like there's nothing like having a girl!)

and just like there's something extra special about a daddy and his girl, there's something extra special about a mommy and her boy.... you'll see soon, and you'll love it!!!

i'm sad when people are leery of having boys :) but ask anyone who DOES have a boy, and i bet you'd hear similar statements :)

Regan said...

A boy- how exciting! Congratulations!! And don't worry, they like balls, trucks wrestling with Daddy and dirt. It'll be great.

tiff said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!

The Christys said...

Congratulations!! Boys are SO much fun!! You will do GREAT with both of your kids :) I am so excited for you and Tony! If you ever need boy tips just let me know :)

Heather said...

Just read this post Carmen. How fun to have a boy! One of each sounds wonderful to me, early November we will find out the sex of our coming baby and I am hoping for a boy. Oh, I will love another girl just as much but I do desire to have a boy someday.
Congrats on your exciting news!!!
And the baby shower pics of the kids are too cute!