I hesitate to put this out there for fear of offending or terrifying some mom or mom-to-be, but I keep thinking about it, and I think it's something we need to talk more about as a society. I recently watched "The Business of Being Born" which was one of Ricki Lakes projects focusing on hospitals, pregnant women, and the way we give birth in America. I won't go into details about it, but you can watch the trailer here.It was so good...very empowering and affirming of women and the experience of birthing. I resonated a lot with the messages communicated through out the video. I watched it nearly two weeks ago, and the thing I've thought almost daily since then is this..."I really wish women knew the value of learning, researching, preparing, and making their own informed choices when it comes to giving birth to their babies.
So, if you are someone who is pregnant or who may be pregnant in the future, I highly recommend this film to you...it may shock, anger, or terrify you, but at the very least, it will get you thinking.

3 comments:
I loved this documentary too! In fact, I told every single person I knew about it. It was great! I also thought it was very balanced and thought provoking!
getting ready to watch it...hmmm....this is really going to throw of my plans for a c-section isn't it ? :)
This looks good. I think I will try to watch it.
Post a Comment