For all you gardeners (or wannabe gardeners) out there, here is a little tidbit I recently learned from some wise family members (a.k.a. my parents). According to the wisdom of the generations, it is said that when planting from seed, it is best to plant during the waning of the moon. My mom currently has two patches of spinach growing in her garden that test this wisdom. One was planted during the waxing of the moon and one during the waning. Do you know which is thriving more? You guessed it...the patch planted after the full moon. Isn't it amazing and inspiring to think that our world is so magnificently created that the littlest of seeds take note of gravitational pull? Fascinating! So, if you still have some Spring seeds to get in the ground, you may want to consider doing it sometime in the upcoming week as the next full moon is tomorrow night. Happy gardening!
3 comments:
How interesting!!!
That is fascinating! I will have to do that, since I definitely do have some planting to do. Uh -- make that *all* my planting.
What is waxing and what is waning???
Post a Comment