At this moment, I am experiencing a first. Hannah and I were individually occupied in the room where my creative workspace is located. She was happily entertaining herself while I worked. This is pretty common...no big deal. However, five minutes ago, she decided to venture off on her own, waving "bye-bye" and crawling out to the living room. I hear her out there now, playing with her toys and talking to herself. That has never really happened before! She is usually content to play by herself as long as T or I (or someone) is within sight, but rarely in a room all by herself. So now, I find myself at a stopping point in my creative work, but not wanting to leave this room and disrupt the moment of new-found independence. So...here I sit...blogging. Bummer that our camera totally frizzed out on us this past week and I don't have any cute-as-a-button photos to post of the little sweetie. Maybe I'll post a video later for you devoted Hannah fans. She has been absolutely delightful (despite the upper teeth that are blazing a trail through her tender gums). She will be eleven months next week, and we've started planning for her big birthday bash next month. :) We are especially excited that T's whole family will be traveling here to celebrate with us! Oh...I hear a little pitter-patter of crawling hands and knees coming this way...moment of independence adjourned.
1 comment:
That's so sweet. I just had a moment of this, too. I was in the living room with Sophia eating my lunch while she play, and she decided to take it down the hall. I thought that all the doors were shut, and she'd be back quickly... but, no. I went to check for her, and she was in her room playing. So sweet. They're growing up.
Post a Comment