
During a recent co-ed conversation, the women were discussing the categories of clothes that fill their closets. We discussed the fat clothes, skinny clothes, maternity clothes, and maybe-it-will-come-back-in-style clothes that many of us women admitted to having. One man spoke up, saying something like "men don't do that...we have the clothes that fit us, and that is what we wear." As simple as it may seem that idea kind of stuck with me. It made me wonder a lot about why I have held on to that stack of jeans from high school that are literally covered in dust on the top shelf of my closet. They will most likely never fit me again, yet I keep them "just in case". So, this weekend I purged my closet and dresser. It felt good. Now I have mostly just the clothes that I really wear. Surprisingly refreshing!
2 comments:
Good idea!
You inspired me to go through my closet again and pull out more clothes. I already had one bag packed up to donate and now I have two. I wonder why we hang onto things we're never going to use again!
Oh and thanks for your uplifting comment. It really meant alot to me!
Post a Comment