Friday, February 20, 2009

Bedroom Makeover Phase I

Our master bedroom has slowly transitioned from "pukey-colored-hodge-podge-nothing-inviting-about-it-space" to "cool-and-refreshing-want-to-wake-up-in-the-morning-oasis" over the past month or two. It's been a fun team project for T and I. We LOVE do-it-yourself endeavors! First, we put up chair rail and crown molding and painted the walls. Then we designed and built (most construction done by T) a new headboard and sewed up some coordinating pillows and bedskirt. The room feels entirely different! I still want to do some artwork, build some side tables, construct a mirror, and put a chocolaty brown glaze on our dressers before I call it complete, but that will all take some time.

8 comments:

Angela Spicer said...

Wow! Our bedroom next please! No, really this is inspiring. I'd love a bedroom that felt refreshing. Moving all the time plus smaller and smaller bedrooms plus less and less time equals cluttered-bedroom-that-we-only sleep in... Did you catch Oprah, yesterday? They talked a little about the importance of Mommy and Daddy's bedroom. Inspiring? Yes. Very nice, Carmen.

Anonymous said...

I love it!! You could do our bedroom too! Hmmmm, how could I copy you? Great job on the pillows.

Em said...

I'm TOTALLY impressed! Wowie zowie! I just don't have a stitch of talent in this area...looks beautiful!

tiff said...

Very Beautimous!!! Love the creativity!!

Gail said...

Lovely!

Erica said...

It looks great. You two are both so creative and make a great team. It will be fun when one of these days we will be in a place where we feel like we can set some roots down and decorate. Until then we'll stay easily mobile.

Erika said...

Looks amazing!! I especially like the fabric on the headboard.
What is chair rail?

Anonymous said...

i think a chair rail is the molding in the center of the wall...am i correct in that carmen?

this looks fabulous! that headboard is incredible...give my kudos to the man of the house! and you are quite the seamstress...in having our new home this is what I really look forward to!!

jenifriend