Thursday, January 15, 2009

Little Bits


I don't have anything real inspiring to write about today, but thought I'd give a little update. Miss Hannah is eight months old this week, and she is officially teething. The first little guy broke through the gum surface on Monday, and my mommy detective skills give me a hunch that the neighboring tooth isn't too far behind. And though the idea of crawling the conventional way seems far from her mind, she is definitely getting more mobile and confident by the day.

In other news, our next door neighbors moved last week. He was the quaterback coach for the KSU football team, and with Coach Prince's impeachment, he was let go as well. So, they moved on to another team, and we now have some new neighbors next door. We met them this morning, and they are a young couple with a two year old boy and another one on the way. They seemed really sweet, and we are looking forward to getting to know them.

T and I are diving back into one of our church's LIFE groups officially tonight. We have taken a bit of a hiatus from the traditional small group activities, but are eager to join up again. The only dilemma in the midst of that decision had to do with Hannah and her bedtime. She is typically in bed around 7:00 and the LIFE group is from 6:30-8:30 each week. She would be welcome to join us, and we are willing to keep her up late on occasion, but I just don't think she would make it (at least not in a way conducive to our participation in an adult conversation). So, we decided it would probably be best to leave her at home each week with a sitter to put her to bed. Thanks, Jennifer!

And lastly, if you don't already know this about us, T and I are constantly brainstorming about various creative house projects. Sometimes, we just get overwhelmed with ideas. But sometimes, we actually DO something. One thing we recently did was replace our front door...so much more light in our entryway...aaaah! Now, we are working on a little master bedroom makeover. I'll post pics of that progress sometime soon.

5 comments:

Ms. Regier said...

Hey, no problem! It went great tonight!

Erika said...

Wow! I can't wait to see that girl again. She seems so big in those pictures. The new door looks beautiful and I'm very curious about the bedroom remodeling. Keep us posted...:)

Em said...

I totally understand about Hannah's bedtime...I've been wanting to tell you that I got the book you recommended and love it! I'll email you with more details...

Alisha said...

She's getting so big! I love the pictures and the update.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much she has grown!! I look at my niece and can't believe how big she is...it was only 2 years ago when I held her for the first time and fell madly in love with that sweet face.

Yay for makeovers; keep posting!!

jenifriend