On nights like tonight (ones that follow days of poor naps and evenings of crankiness for Miss Hannah) I feel drained and wanting a break. I feel selfish and impatient. However, it usually doesn't take too long before I have a quick reflection on some relatively recent, much more painful nights, and I turn grateful.
I become thankful for the generous gift that Hannah is. And, somehow, I become thankful for the ways my heart was molded in those nights of crying out to God for a baby. Nothing in my life to this point has caused me such longing and grief as the thought of not being able to bear a child. Oh, how my heart has ached! Oh, how I have wrestled with God! Some days, the emotions still feel amazingly fresh.
So, it is on nights like tonight that God unexpectedly meets me in my weakness. He reminds me of His goodness and faithfulness. He reminds me of His patience and mercy as my Father. And while I may still feel drained and wanting a break, on nights like tonight, I feel fulfilled.
I become thankful for the generous gift that Hannah is. And, somehow, I become thankful for the ways my heart was molded in those nights of crying out to God for a baby. Nothing in my life to this point has caused me such longing and grief as the thought of not being able to bear a child. Oh, how my heart has ached! Oh, how I have wrestled with God! Some days, the emotions still feel amazingly fresh.
So, it is on nights like tonight that God unexpectedly meets me in my weakness. He reminds me of His goodness and faithfulness. He reminds me of His patience and mercy as my Father. And while I may still feel drained and wanting a break, on nights like tonight, I feel fulfilled.

5 comments:
That was a very special blog entry, Carmen. Thank you for sharing your heart!
Thank you for sharing. You are so inspiring!
It is so good to hear your heart, Carmen. Thanks for sharing!
I'm sitting here with a smile and tear on my face, thinking this is my favorite entry on your blog.
That is so wonderful for you to share. Thank you. Your story is such a gift. May Hannah continue to remind you of God's faithfulness!
Post a Comment