I feel sleepy today, though I thought I slept well last night. While playing with Hannah this morning, she rolled away for a bit, distracted by her exploration of something intriguing (the recliner). I laid my head down and closed my eyes for a couple brief moments. The sound of Hannah rolling back my direction only slightly registered in my half-asleep state. But, suddenly and softly, I felt her little fingers tickling my eyelids. I smiled and opened my eyes to be greeted by instant laughter. Playful interactions followed, and I felt magically energized for a bit.
I'm dragging again, now. I could take a short snooze since Hannah is napping, but I'm operating out of the "must get things done during nap time" mentality today. I wonder how T is feeling. He was up until 2:30 this morning working! With the Christmas holiday upon us, he is laboring extra hard to be able to take time off. I am very grateful for his efforts and his job during this season of life.
Speaking of seasons...Winter has officially moved in here. I haven't kept up with much news or weather forcasts lately, so yesterday's dumping of snow caught me by surprise. It sure is pretty out there, but snowy and icy surfaces combined with subfreezing temperatures make it a bit daunting to get out and about with a wee little one. We've been hunkered down inside for the past few days, but we are going to venture out on some errands after naptime. I'd best keep working to make sure I'm ready to go...
Cheryl's Birthday
2 years ago

1 comment:
If it helps, I've been tired, too. Every morning when I get up for my precious alone moments, I think, "Why am I so tired??" I'm holding out for the new year, when things will hopefully slow down. There is so much rush now -- I have so many ambitions for extraordinary Christmas gifts, extraordinary Christmas activities, etc. No wonder I'm worn out. Glad you got a few moments of rest. :)
Post a Comment