As Hannah is growing and changing so quickly, I find myself wanting to relish many of the sweet moments I have with her throughout each day. Lately, a sweet little game has developed between the two of us. It happens a little like this...
--Hannah and I settle in for a feeding.
--As she nurses, she plays with my shirt.
--As she finishes eating, she looks up at me and smiles.
--I open my mouth in a wide open grin.
--She diliberately puts her fingers on my bottom lip and I "munch" on them.
--This makes her smile even more and she offers her fingers again.
We continue this little interaction multiple times in the last few minutes of many of her feedings. They are minutes of sweet bonding that frequently cause happy thankful tears to well up in my eyes. She is such a gift. I know that in another week, this game will probably pass and we'll be enjoying a different interaction, so for now, I soak it up!
Cheryl's Birthday
2 years ago

1 comment:
That is so precious. Koralee just realized today that her hands are hers and started grabbing at things (particularly my shirt when nursing). New things every day.
Post a Comment