They were so perfect! I walked outside Sunday to check our garden, and found that the two canteloupe melons I'd been watching recently, were ready to pick. Their skin had turned slightly yellow, they were starting to detach themselves from the vine, and I could smell them. Summertime sweetness! I took them inside to cut them up. The fragrance filled the house. I cut off a bite and oohed and aahed over the "melt in your mouth" sweetness. Delicious! I've really been savoring them over the past couple days.But, speaking of the past couple days...Hannah has been a cranky pants! It's been emotionally draining for me to hear her cry and fuss so much. I've just been chalking it up to a growth spurt or something. I didn't even really entertain the idea of gas pains! Yep...now I think it's true...canteloupe does not agree with Hannah's little digestive system. Fifteen minutes after administering some gas drops this evening, she was back to her sweet self. We'll see how a canteloupe free tomorrow goes. Sadness.

No comments:
Post a Comment