Thursday, August 21, 2008

Creative Endeavors

Two friends have recently stirred my creative, artsy energy. One asked me to do a specific painting for her. I haven't start yet, but am eager to do so. The other friend, Angela, came to visit yesterday, and got excited about the mobile I made for Hannah's room. I love to make mobiles, and her enthusiasm over my creation got me really excited. I have thought that they would be a unique gift to make for people expecting babies, but she got me thinking about making them to sell. I do love making them...I like that the process is slightly technical, and there is something about the idea of "art in motion" that gets me excited. Anyway, I've told Angela I would make one for her little girl's nursery. So, I have two projects in waiting. I think that is a good creative goal for this semester.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw! Awesome! Cheers to your creativity!

Anonymous said...

love that. let me know if you would like another order :). did you just hang it from the ceiling?

Erika said...

Love it! Glad you have a couple of projects to energize you!

tiff said...

Love it! You can sell them on Etsy! Maybe on consignment at baby boutiques? You could have "mobile" parties. Women's Fairs! Ebay! Craft shows! oh my, my creative energy just got a boost.

Anonymous said...

Well hello former RA!! These are just darling mobiles; let me know if you sign up to sell them on Etsy!!

The Pankewich Family... said...

I love you mobile! We are working on the decor for our nursery and I am trying to be creative with the wall art etc. We will see how it ends up.