Friday, April 11, 2008

Seasons

It's Friday! And what a gloomy one it's been...cloudy, cold, and depressing. Everyone was walking around yawning and looking worn out at work today. Forecasts are for freezing temperatures these next few nights. It breaks my heart! Our poor plants just got up the courage this past week to start putting out their tender new growth, and now they might get blasted! This could be the second year in a row that precious crops and beautiful plants across Kansas are stunted by a late freeze! T and I will be scrounging up all the towels and blankets we can find to try to nurse ours through safely. It's supposed to be Spring!

On another note, I've got just over two weeks of school left before maternity leave begins and I'm done working. I can hardly wait, but I'm trying to enjoy these last days as I know there will be times I really miss it. I've had such mixed emotions lately, and I've been thinking a lot about why I want to stay home. I know it is going to be a challenging role and I think it will be very important for me to pinpoint some of the most important values leading us in this decision. It could be really easy for me to lose sight of why I think it is the right decision for T and I, and to quickly feel discontent. Even just this past week, I was given the opportunity to return to teaching next year in a part-time role. I could have committed to teach just one or two classes. It was so tempting! T and I talked about it...I seriously considered it...but turned it down. I know deep down that I need to learn some very valuable lessons from NOT working. May God use this next season to continue to mold and refine me.

No comments: