Monday, December 31, 2007

Nursery Under Construction

With the free time we've had over this holiday break, T and I have spent lots of time dreaming about baby and beginning to work on some things for her. Prior to knowing we were having a girl, I'd had a lot of thoughts about the nursery and how I didn't want to use traditional colors, or make it too "girly" or "boyish". However, as we've been talking, shopping, and dreaming about our daughter, I have been so much more drawn to the cutesy pink things than I had expected. My desires for her room have shifted too...I now want it to be a stylish, but playful girly room. So, with that in mind, we set out to start the process.

We painted one wall of the room, covering it in a grid of different pink hues. We left the remaining three walls tan.

Now I am on a hunt for the perfect fabric from which to make a crib skirt, a quilt, a window valance, and other accent pieces. Above is what I have gathered so far...as you can see, I'm planning to use mostly pinks, teals, and light yellow with white and green accents. The room will be in the works for quite a while yet, but I'm already having a ball and can't wait to see it all come together in the next four months.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun nursery that's going to be! Have you started to register yet?

Mandy said...

I love the pink wall! And those colors are my favorite! I am so excited for you and T my friend!

Erika said...

Your blog is so fun, I'm sorry I haven't been watching it more closely! Great baby room. I'm also in the middle of making a bedset. :)