To see God's creativity flow from the fingers of His children is something that really stirs my heart! This week, some friends and I completed a creativity course through Emmanuel House and the final "show and tell" time was so inspiring. Everyone in the class had spent a significant amount of time processing thoughts on creativity as well as the messages we all hear in our head regarding our creative efforts. I believe more than ever that God has placed in the core of all of us a passion to create...it is a very personal, even intimate, energy that Satan tries with all his might to discourage.
So, the other night, our group had a celebration of our artistry. Each person brought something to share, and it was an amazing display of talent, emotion, and personality. From ceramic plates, to paintings, to a dreamt about business plan, to a newly written song...I sensed the joy of God.
Cheryl's Birthday
2 years ago

1 comment:
"I believe more than ever that God has placed in the core of all of us a passion to create..."
I would like to know more about this. I've seen part of your jouney to discover God's calling and design for you as a creator. I like the illustration that included business plans as well as pottery. I'm also challenged to consider what medium(s) I can best express my creativity through. It's not music, perhaps words. I've always told myself that when God give me song lyrics, I'm handing them to Jeremy Krause to stick the music to them. :)It might be word pictures. Analogies. This blog is a breath of fresh air.
Post a Comment