I have so eagerly anticipated Spring Break, but now that it's here, I find myself in a funk. So many emotions swirl through my head. The cold, wet, grey days make me sad...my heart longs for May sunshine, gardening, and neighbors' interactions. I haven't been able to really slow down. I feel overwhelmed by so many relationships to pursue...so many people to know...so many people with needs. We are leaving to go skiing tomorrow with family, and I think I'm excited. We will be gone for basically the rest of the break. When we return, our neighbor will be leaving for his Iraqi deployment. I struggle to know how to love and encourage his wife and 6 mos. old son he will be leaving behind. I feel so much weight and responsibility for how other people are feeling. I want to be free and joyful. I want spring break to be "Spring-y". These are my "not-very-well-thought-through" ramblings for tonight.
1 comment:
Mckenna. Enjoy the snow and family and rest. I think your neighbor is so fortunate to have you next door. You seem so available to people. I'll lay money on the fact that she already knows you are there for her family.
Post a Comment