Wednesday, December 04, 2013

More about Matt and Bronwyn

If you haven't read about the adoption fundraiser yet, be sure to read these posts first...
ADOPTION FUNDRAISER RAFFLE
ONE MORE ITEM

With two days left of the Adoption Fundraiser raffle, I thought I'd share more with you about our friends, Matt and Bronwyn.  It's always nice to know something about the people to whom we donate money.

T and I have known these guys for about five years now.  It really is a God kind of story to think about how we became friends, but that is for another conversation.  They are some of the hardest working, most dedicated, creative, and adventurous people I know.  After traveling the country and working seasonally at Denali National Park in Alaska for several years, they eventually made their way here to put down roots.  Their desire to be near family and to cultivate lasting friendships is what convinced them to embrace a permanent location, though I think Matt would love to be traveling and exploring much more than life allows.  


Together, they own the #1 floral shop in town, and they devote much of their time and energy to serving people through beautiful arrangements of flowers for any event.  Bronwyn is an artist who paints and knits and gardens when she can sneak a minute to herself.  Matt loves to fish, hunt, garden, and cook amazing food.  And not only do they have brand new little Delila to care for, but they have two biological daughters as well.  Our children adore their girls, and love any time we get with them.  Here is a laughable photo from time together at Halloween.


The most compelling thing T and I have come to know about these two is their earnest love of the Lord.  I got to be with Bronwyn when she chose to follow Jesus, four years ago today, and that was a gift I'll always cherish.  Since that day, she and Matt have been wanting to let God guide their lives, and over the past year or so it became evident to them that they were being challenged to consider adoption.  Recently, their hearts for adopting another daughter swelled to almost bursting, and now God has answered their prayers in Delilah.  We got to visit them and meet the sweet baby last weekend, and they were already so in love with her.

In the coming weeks the various medical and attorney bills will start rolling in, and whatever monies you share via donation will be a huge blessing to these guys.  I know they will be humbly thankful.



No comments: