Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Kids Lately

I have one post I've been wanting to write to finish off my thoughts on God's grace, but it's gonna have to wait.  Tonight I want to share about my kids. :)

I am really enjoying my role as mom these days.
My heart and home feels joyfully full...especially in moments like these...

Three kids in a tub.
They love bath time together.  However, since this photo, Hannah has taken her first shower per her own request.  Is she growing up, or what?

Our champion eater.
Similar to the other two kids, Noah seriously eats and eats and eats.  And he is slowly giving up the thumb sucking as an aide for swallowing.  Caleb used to do this when he was learning to eat solids as well.  Speaking of these boys and their thumb sucking, Noah is also following in brother's footsteps with how he sleeps.  He sucks his righthand thumb and uses his left hand to caress his mesh crib bumper.  Two years ago, I posted photos of Caleb doing this same thing and now half of the bumper serves as his "night-night" or blankie.  It now seems that little brother is going to claim the other half of the bumper as his own for years to come.
Oh, and I cut his hair for the first time today too.

Our builder extraordinaire.
Caleb spends literally hours of each day constructing things.  Whether it's blocks, his train tracks, LEGOS, or this Blokus game, he loves manipulating pieces to fit them together.  And he is so full of ideas and imagination about what to create.  I love seeing and hearing his little mind at work.   

A sweet clown face.
Hannah recently attended a clown birthday party and had a blast.  She has been loving her weekly preschool time where she has learned about things like plant cycles, bugs, and Autumn leaves in recent weeks.  At home, she is learning like crazy, catching on to reading and number concepts more and more all the time.  But if it were up to her, she would spend most of everyday on the neighbor's trampoline.  She loves to jump!


1 comment:

Erika said...

Love your kiddos!