Friday, August 31, 2012

Art Time!

A large chunk of time this week was committed to some preschool art lessons for these sweet girls.
It was really fun to create my own mini-classroom and even more fun to witness how each of their personalities came out in their work.


At this age, art is definitely much more about process and less about the end product.  However, it is rewarding to have end products they are really proud of.


My personal fave was this project...An acrylic painting inspired by The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister.  If you happen to be looking for an art activity with a literature link for your little ones, you should check out this book.  I REALLY like it.  Not only does it have playful, sparkly illustrations, but the story is about happiness and friendship being tied to sacrificial generosity.


Of course I had ideas for more projects than we were able to do in three short afternoons, but now I'm even more excited for our little preschool homeschool co-op to begin as my teaching contribution is going to be in art.  


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love The Rainbow Fish book and your art projects turned out fantastic!!