One of the things I was super excited to do a couple months ago was to write detailed blog posts about all of the different things I made for gifts. But much of that enthusiasm has waned. However, I'll go ahead and throw some photos and quick descriptions in this post since I know some of you are sincerely curious.
Greeting/Note Cards
Hand-cut envelopes with homemade lick-and-stick and cards with my own artwork...
Flower Headbands
Hannah and I worked on these for some of her friends...she LOVES to make things for people...
Scented Glitter Play Dough
These were made for stocking stuffers and as little gifts for some neighborhood friends...
Crazy Crayons and Texture Cards
Melted and formed crayon pieces packaged with mat board rectangles on which I had created raised texture designs with glue. The larger crayon chunks are great for little hands and fun to use for texture rubbings. It's fun to get an unpredictable rainbow of color too...
Cookie Mix in a Jar
Hannah and I mixed up 14 of these guys and we delivered them to neighbors and other people like the kids' Sunday morning classroom teachers.
Painted Barn Wood Wall Decor
I used pieces of barn wood to create some artwork. I forgot to take photos of some of the other pieces I created, but here is one with a minimalist bird silhouette...
Molded Bird Seed Wreath
I mixed up some special paste and made birdseed wreaths of varying sizes. Hopefully the birds actually like them...
T-Shirt Scarves
BBQ Sauce and Spice Rub Kit (no photo)
I forgot to take a photo of this as well. I canned a batch of homemade BBQ sauce and mixed up three different spice rubs to make a little BBQ kit. I repurposed baby food jars for the spices, spray painted all of the lids black, and made custom labels for them all. I hope they taste good!
So there you have it! Those are the things many of our friends and family received this year for Christmas. We did buy our kids a few things, but otherwise this was pretty much it. As you may be able to tell, the packaging and presentation of each gift was pretty important to me. I enjoyed making many of the items look "boutique" if that even makes sense.
Next up, I'll have to show you some of the handmade gifts we received from other folks...some impressive things, I tell ya!

9 comments:
You are wonderful!!
Amazing!!!!!! I really love the glitter play dough. Super cute packaging too. And the barn woos bird painting is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! You could sell them...and if you do let me know. I will be the first buyer.
Lots of love from Wichita!!!
So fun Carmen. I'm glad you posted pictures of these, I know those who received them were blessed.
Carmen! You are so inspiring! Truly, I'm already thinking about doing all hand-made crafts for next year because of you! Do you still have your own tshirt scarf that you could take a pic of? I would love to know how you did it. I am always thinking I need to learn to recycle clothes, but don't really know how. . . THANKS! (I'm scared of pintrest addiction, so I can't look for it on there-any other place you've seen that idea?). Thanks for sharing! I was looking forward to seeing all of your ideas!
Thanks for posting about all this! I do enjoy seeing all the end results of your hard work. I'm sure it took effort and time, and I am SURE that the recipients feel loved and thought of. :)
How did I miss this before Christmas? This is all wonderful stuff! These are gifts I would like to get (except for the scarf).
Okay, I'm totally going to try the scarf! Thanks for the details and the pic!
i am stealing all these ideas for next xmas! also, hello!
Post a Comment