We've had a number of social gatherings this Fall that revolved around food. When we've been told to bring a side dish, this is what we've brought.
This is a favorite around our home. I really think I could eat it most everyday.
And every time I've brought it for dinner, I've been asked for the recipe, so trust me, you want to try it too.
Roasted Roots
Dice up any medley of root vegetables...Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Onions, Garlic, Rutabaga, Parsnips, etc. You can even throw in some acorn or butternut squash, though they're really not roots. :)
Toss with enough olive oil to coat.
Salt and pepper to taste
Sprinkle on some crushed rosemary (this is the key ingredient).
Spread them evenly on a baking pan and roast in a 350 degree oven. Mix and turn about every 20 minutes. Roast until cooked soft, and starting to get slightly crunchy (45-60 minutes).
Enjoy!

6 comments:
That looks soo good! I'm so trying it this weekend! Thanks for sharing...Gail
We love this! Sometimes we slice potatoes and sweet potatoes (leaving skins on) and do this same technique in butter. Oh my...amazing. Almost better than eating candy...and that's saying something for me. :)
This looks great. I can't wait to make this, although it makes me miss sweet potatoes even more. Even without the sweet potatoes I'm certain that this recipe will may its way to our table soon. Thanks for sharing.
This has become a standard side dish for our family too!
Carmen, is it dried rosemary? If I can find fresh, could I use that?
Kellie, I use dried and have never used fresh...I'd guess it would still be tasty.
Post a Comment