Well, it's been a while, but thanks for the thoughts and feedback on my previous post. They were encouraging to read, but sadly, not all that clarifying. So, short story...after a week of just going for it and having Hannah wear panties to bed, we are back to the pull-ups. But on to slightly more interesting things...
It's not news to many people that it has been extremely hot around here for quite a while now. I generally love the sunshine and embrace some heat, but this has been a bit too extreme. We've found ourselves stuck inside way too much. The swimming pool is hardly even refreshing. I've found myself needing to get creative. So, in a moment of playful ingenuity, I grabbed a piece of cardboard from the garage and sketched a quick street scene.
Caleb has really been loving his cars and trucks lately, so it's been fun to see him observe and then imitate how we drive around (and make engine rev'ing sounds) all over the town. It's made me want to paint a more detailed and permanent version that can be used long-term.
Then this evening, the street scene got scrapped as the cardboard took another form. It started as a basic tunnel, acted a ball rolling ramp, and had it's highest point of glory as a slide.
I just can't help but soak up the organic family time and the laughter.

1 comment:
I like this idea. Lately, I've been trying to get creative as well (trying to keep us all sane). I've made angel wings, playing cards, even puzzle pieces for my daughter out of cardboard. It's cheap, quick and easy to do, and kids just love it.
Yours look like they are really having a great time!
Post a Comment