Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wet fun

While I was away one evening, T taught our daughter how to turn one of her sippy cups upside down and squeeze the spout in order to release a stream of water.  Brilliant, huh!?!

Well, today Hannah decided to teach her friends who are now living with us (for those of you who haven't heard, the Sapp family is currently living in our basement while they build a home just a couple blocks down the street).  So, after I realized that all three girls were super excited about their discovery, I gave them freedom with it by setting up a "feel free to get things wet" area.  They poured, and stirred, and sipped, and shared.
It was fun.
Caleb was entertained as well.
And things/girls got wet.  Look at how full of water that table is!  But it was nothing a good ol' beach towel couldn't sop up.

4 comments:

Gail said...

I'm sorry, but this dairy farmer's daughter just has to comment that these 3 would make great cow milkers!!! :)

Erica said...

Isn't it fun to see what can entertain kids for hours!

Angela said...

yes, i had to ban said sippy cups for this very purpose... sophia figured out the upside pinch it thing not long after she first had one of those soft top cups. ugh, i hate those cups! ;) great idea to make a wet zone for them. i love those ideas to give them freedom to play.

Alisha said...

How sweet! Their first tea party together!