Today was a great day...one of those days in which I truly loved my role as mom and homemaker. Hannah was in super sweet mode all day and I felt totally free to be truly present with her. With baby brother's debut nearing ever closer, I feel a need to savor each day I have with Hannah by herself.
It helped that dinner was in the crockpot before I even got her up this morning. It may have also helped that I let Hannah pick her outfit, and she was delighted to see her "cheese" (yellow) shirt clean in her drawer.
It was a day of laughter and contentment.
It was a day of not fretting about little things.
It was a day in which we ran errands at a leisurely pace.
It was a day with library story time, pretend phone conversations, reading books, and dancing together.
It was day of introducing dress-up clothes and watching a little girl feel beautiful as she twirled in her much-too-large pink skirt.
It was a day in which I welcomed T home with a sense of peace and relaxation.
And unfortunately, it was a day with no pictures...
Cheryl's Birthday
2 years ago

2 comments:
Maybe that's not such a bad thing...sometimes the pictures don't live up to the memories!
So glad that yesterday was so wonderful. I hope you have many more treasured days before the little guy comes. I really enjoyed our playdate this morning. It's always fun and refreshing to hang out.
Post a Comment