A dear college friend and I met up in Lindsborg, KS (a.k.a. Little Sweden) this weekend for a short girls' getaway. Neither of us had ever been to this small Kansas town, but we were enthusiastic about exploring the Swedish culture. Upon returning, I can tell you that I really appreciated time with my friend and I really appreciated the handful of art galleries and studios in the town, but I do NOT have much appreciation for items of Swedish culture. Perhaps if I learned more I could enjoy the significance of things, but until then, I can say that brightly hand-painted flowers, lacy table coverings, pine furniture, and Dala horses are not for me.
3 comments:
Oh, so funny! I thought of you a lot this weekend. I'll be eager to hear more about your trip. Glad you had fun with SJ!
I'm glad you had a good girl's weekend! How did Hannah do? I've always wondered about that town and if it was worth a visit. Did you eat any swedish foods?
This post cracked me up! So glad you got to spend time with Sarah, though!
Post a Comment