Monday, September 21, 2009

Dreaming of Garage Sales

Up to now, the majority of Hannah's wardrobe has been composed of hand-me-downs and gracious gifts from family and friends. However, as we head into the fall and winter seasons, I have realized that we are starting with very little weather appropriate clothing. Therefore, I recently made a list of needed clothing items and decided to hit the garage sales. Well, this past weekend, I had the most successful "sale-ing" experience ever! I was so pumped to come home with most everything on my list (and a bit more). It was so fun that I really have been dreaming of garage sales ever since. Now, to be fair, the sale circumstances were not the norm...a friend who has five girls let me have a "presale" of all her garage sale items, our neighborhood of young families was having a neighborhood-wide garage sale, and it was also the weekend of the huge kids' consignment sale. It's not likely that I'll score this big again in the near future...everything pictured below for less than $40!
everything from garage sales (I'm so thrilled it's not ALL pink!)
the stash from the consignment sale (more pink than not, but that's okay)

4 comments:

Regan said...

That's great that you found some deals on fall clothes for Hannah. It's crazy how quickly they grow out of things!!

Erika said...

I dream of garage sales, too. In fact, I hit it big in the Seneca-wide sales this weekend. You definitely got some wonderful finds!

Angela said...

Ah! I missed the consignment sale? I thought that that was next weekend! Arg. Well, I'm so glad you found so much. Gotta keep that cute girl warm and pretty this winter!

Marie said...

My mom drove around all over Lenexa on Friday looking for some garage sales...nothing! I was so sad! Maybe, just maybe, I'll still have a chance at scoring bit.