Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hannah's Room

The anticipation of setting up a room for a second child has made me think of all the things I've wanted to do to Hannah's room but just haven't mustered the motivation for. Well, maybe I've experienced a bit of second trimester energy surge this week because I have all kinds of "umph". I decided to just jump in and do it...nothing real big...just a few little projects.

I added some more pink squares to her walls. The artist in me has always been troubled by the overall composition of the paint job. While I've loved the wall of squares, I've longed for it to be tied a bit more to the rest of the room. Voila! I also put up some very inexpensive wall stickers I found recently (hopefully their claim to not damage the paint job upon removal is legit). And lastly (and my favorite), I bought a section of white guttering and made "Hannah-friendly" book shelves. I originally saw the idea in a magazine and thought it was so cute.

6 comments:

tiff said...

Totally cute! Love the bookshelves, very creative.

Alisha said...

Cute! Is the guttering metal? What a great idea. The squares look great too!

Angela said...

love it!

Unknown said...

So cute and CLEAN. WOW.

The Boccias said...

Big fan of the book shelves! They look great! Way to get some stuff done--I'm still not there yet, but I want to be!

Unknown said...

Im thinking you need to add the "Pinkalicous" book to her bookshelf, that is what her room reminds me of, sooo cute!