Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Gorgeous Day for a Field Trip

It was a gorgeous day, and Hannah and I made the most of it with a little field trip of sorts. First stop was K-State's Call Hall. Although I've eaten plenty of their ice cream, I've only stepped foot in the place one other time, I think. So, we went there to educate ourselves on what kinds of local foods they have to offer us for next month's challenge. While there, Hannah and I shared a little scoop of Blueberry Cheesecake ice cream. Sweet deliciousness!

Next stop was the K-State Gardens. Hannah has been loving flowers lately, and even causes a bit of a scene when we walk past the cut flower bouquets near the entrance of WalMart. I had high hopes of getting some cute flower-filled photos of her, but she was constantly on the go, and I was super busy deflecting her quick and grabby little flower-loving hands. She had a good time and was especially curious about the fountain. I debated about taking her to the adjoining Insect Zoo, but decided to save that for another time.
These are the kinds of experiences I so look forward to having more of as our family grows!

2 comments:

Alison said...

She just keeps changing! Excited to see you guys this weekend!

Alisha said...

What a fun time! I look forward to going on trips like that someday too.