Thursday, May 28, 2009

When you're too young for markers and paint...

This is a good alternative. I know there is a fancy recipe for something like this out there somewhere, but I mixed my own concoction of flour and water to make a paste, then colored it with food coloring. Mix it in a ziploc bag, tape it to a window, and VOILA! You have a contained form of finger painting!

It kept Hannah and I entertained for a good while. The only thing I'll change next time is to make the paste much thicker...mine ran to easily and quickly pooled in the bottom of the bag.

6 comments:

Em said...

What a really fun idea! I'll have to try it out--thanks!

Regan said...

What a creative idea!

Julie said...

What a fun idea! I'm sure you have so many creative activities for Hannah. Thanks for sharing this one--I'll remember it (hopefully) in a year and use it with Ori. :-)

Amanda said...

Fun! A fun (non-messy) activity that I like to do with my kiddo's is called "Knox Blocks" you basically make unflavored jello cubes with knox gelatin and food coloring. Then you can put the cubes in sandwiches bags and let them squish to their hearts content. :) It's a great way to learn about colors. Mix red and blue to make purple and so on! They love it.

Erika said...

Great idea!

Leah said...

Shaving cream and food coloring in a ziploc is also a fun sensory experience! As is hair gel :)